- Lime Putty Mortar
- Natural Hydraulic Limes & Natural Cements
- Dry bagged lime mortars - "MIX & GO"
- Lime Plasters
- Sands & Aggregates
- Lime Wash & Paints
- Health & Safety
- Tools & Accessories
- Stone Repair
- Special Products
- Training Courses (2013)
- Tutorial DVDs
Masons Mortar Ltd
77 Salamander Street
Edinburgh EH6 7JZ
Tel: 0131 555 0503
Fax: 0131 553 7158
Masons Mortar Ltd
Unit I, Woodville Court,
Glasgow G51 2RL
Tel: 0141 445 4812
Fax: 0141 445 8898
Masons Mortar Ltd
Fife KY11 3DR
Tel: 01383 873 049
Fax: 01383 873 182
Terms and Conditions
1. In these conditions:
- a. Masons Mortar Ltd is called “ the Company”
- b. “The customer” means the person, firm or company purchasing goods or service from the Company.
- c. “The goods” means any goods to be supplied by the Company in accordance with these conditions.
2. These conditions apply to all agreements for the sale of goods by the Company to the customer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions which the customer may purport to apply under any purchase order or in correspondence or elsewhere. The Company shall not be liable to the customer for the loss arising from or in connection with any representations made by the Company’s employees or agents expect as they appear on the face of this document.
3. No order submitted by the customer will be deemed to be accepted by the Company unless the Company has received full payment. Account customers will be invoiced on or after sale or delivery of the goods and the customer will make payment within 30 days if the date of invoice. If the customer fails to make any payment on the due date, the Company shall be entitled to suspend any
- a. The price of the goods (exclusive of VAT which the customer must also pay) shall be the Company’s quoted price as detailed in its Current price list.
- b. The Company reserves the right, by giving notice to the customer at any time before delivery, to increase the price of goods and services to reflect any increase in the cost to the Company which is due to any factor beyond the control of the Company (such as alterations of transportation services, changes in delivery dates, or significant increase in the costs of labour or materials or other costs of manufacture).
- 6. a. Risk of damage to or loss of the goods will pass to the customer on Delivery.
- b. Title of the goods will not pass to the customer until the Company has received in cash or cleared funds, payment in full for the goods subject to this agreement and for all other goods to be sold by the Company to the customer for which payment is then due and all other amounts outstanding and payable by the customer to the Company.
- c. Goods must be signed for by the customer or their representative and the signature must be clearly legible on the delivery documentation. The delivery contractors will not deliver goods without a signature. On receipt of the invoice for delivery of the goods, the Company will take this to mean that delivery has been successfully affected. The signed delivery documentation is the customer’s proof of delivery (POD). It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that this documentation is dealt with properly, particularly in circumstances where companies withhold payment until receipt of a signed POD. In the event that the POD is lost and the customer requires a replacement, this will be provided. Where repeated requests are made for POD’s due to the failure of a customer’s own paperwork management system, the Company reserves the right to levy an administration charge of £3.50 per copy.
- 7. a. Any claim by the customer which is based in any defect in defect in the quality or condition of the goods or failure to correspond with the general specifications shall be notified in writing to the Company immediately following discovery of the defect and in any event, no later than 7 days from the date of delivery or receipt of the goods by the customer. If the customer does not notify the Company accordingly, the customer shall be deemed to have accepted the goods and shall not be entitled to reject them.
- b. Where any valid claim is notified to the Company in accordance with condition 7(a) above, the Company shall be entitled to replace the goods free of charge or at the Company’s sole discretion, refund to the customer the price of the goods( or a proportional part of the price), but the Company shall have no further liability to the customer.
- c. Expect in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Company’s negligence, the Company shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss of time arising out of the supply of the goods or their use or resale by the customer, and the entire liability of the Company shall not exceed the price of the goods.
- d. The Company will accept returns up to 14 days after the purchase date for standard items such as bagged lime, sands, and natural dry bagged mortars provided they are in perfect condition at the customer’s expense and are fit for resale. The Company will inspect any returns and will at its sole discretion decide whether a product returned is fit for resale. Goods that are not fit for resale will not be credited. Due to the nature of the materials involved, the Company cannot accept returns for coloured materials or specially produced, as these items have been produced to meet an individual customer requirements.
5. The Company does not operate a delivery service. All deliveries are carried out by independent haulage contractors on the customer’s behalf. (The customer has the option to organise their own collection and delivery) The Company will organise and schedule deliveries where possible to arrive at the customer’s requested drop off point and provide the delivery contractor with all the information provided to the Company by the customer. Normal deliveries are based on three working days(this does not included weekends and public holidays and requests for deliveries must be made in writing). Unless specifically requested and agreed by Company in writing, all deliveries will be by heavy goods vehicles (excludes parcel post). In instances where the delivery contractor does not have any lighter vehicles for delivery of goods, the customer can arrange their own transport. Whilst the Company will endeavour to arrange deliveries within the stated period at the time of ordering, the Company does not guarantee delivery of goods at specific times. The price quoted for delivery at the time of order is fixed, net of VAT and will be clearly shown on our invoice. Where delivery is attempted and no one is present to receive the goods, the goods may be taken back to the transport depot and a second additional delivery charge may apply. Any additional costs for redelivery will be the recipient’s responsibility alone.
8. Our terms of payment are 30 days NET. Please ensure that all necessary payment procedures are established at the onset as non-payment to terms will result in the immediate suspension of trading and interest being charged on outstanding amounts in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 at 8% above bank base rates. Our Administration Manager(Mrs Archibald) will provide you with any details necessary should you wish to settle accounts by BACS. You will be required to provide Mrs Archibald with full details of all invoicing procedures to ensure that any transaction system you operate runs smoothly. Delivery of materials will have been deemed to have taken place when we are notified by our carriers. Failure to secure/return/sign, delivery lines by Site staff/ Personnel does not constitute failure on our part to have delivered goods. Goods not signed for as damaged on delivery receipt documents are deemed to be acceptable and no credits will be issued. Written notification of damaged goods must be recorded in writing and received by our office within 7 days of delivery. Accompanied by a signed delivery line stating the amount of the goods damaged and endorsed by the haulage contractor. Goods in transit are covered by the haulage contractors insurance. Materials supplied by Masons Mortar Ltd are on the above noted terms. No other terms will apply.
9. Masons Mortar Ltd operates colour matching service for mortars, Lithomex stone repair material and Lime washes and paints. The company will endeavour to colour match our stated products to the sample material that the customer provides as a sample. A complete match to the sample material is not always possible and customers are advised that Masons Mortar Ltd does not guarantee to be able to match every sample provided by the customer. Full terms and conditions of the colour matching service are available in our Colour matching guide, which is available on request.
Masons Mortar offers practical skills training at all of our branches.These courses can be tailored to suit varying skill levels and are both informative and highly enjoyable.
Book your course online with us: Please see our course calendar for dates.